Find out how much your claim could be worth now…
National Injury Claimline Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘the Act’) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is National Injury Claimline Ltd of The Old Church, Albert Hill Street, Manchester, M20 2PW.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our www.the-medical-negligence-experts.co.uk (our site);
- Records of correspondence with you;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes and send you relevant marketing information;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access;
- Calls made to or from us may be recorded for training purposes and to monitor customer service and regulatory compliance.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our full Cookie Notice below.
Storage of your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. It will only be kept for as long as necessary and no longer than six years.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
NIC provides this site as part of an introductory service that aims to put you in touch with a specialist solicitor relevant to your specific enquiry; therefore, the main disclosure of your personal information is to our panel solicitors in order to progress your enquiry.
We also use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may also appoint data processors in order to deliver our services, who will have access to your data. We ensure any appointed data processors abide by the same strict processes to protect your data.
We may only disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- National Injury Claimline Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access, update and request the erasure of information held about you. You can exercise these rights by using the contact details provided below.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 years. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.