How are medical negligence settlements reached?
If a health solicitor prepares your case well, there’s a very good chance the Defendant admits liability. That’s the case with all medical negligence settlements, whether you’ve
- suffered a fracture;
- experience a delayed diagnosis;
- a family member experiences unnecessary pressure sores;
- a child suffers cerebral palsy;
- or, if you endure early-stage cancer that doctors failed to diagnose in a timely fashion.
In turn, your solicitors negotiate a settlement that is equitable for you and the damages you suffer. In short, thanks to sound legal advice, clinical negligence claims can arrive at a reasonable conclusion.
The medical negligence solicitor handling your claim will be able to provide you with legal guidance during the entire process and secure the maximum compensation for your injuries.
The aim of compensation is very simple: to return you to the position you would have been in but for the medical mistake. Thus, the amount of compensation you receive will depend on the nature of your injury and the impact it has had on your health and wellbeing.
What you can expect with The Medical Negligence Experts
You can expect compensation for the following:
- First off, cover for pain and suffering;
- Next, the opportunity to pursue claims against either private or public healthcare, including NHS trusts;
- Loss of lifestyle (in essence, the way your life changes post-injury. Such as a loss of ability to work or enjoy hobbies);
- No win, no fee agreements that remove the onus of funding a claim;
- Also, there might be an immediate loss of earnings or possibly even future earnings;
- Moreover, funding for any costs to diagnose and treat your condition, even if you’re admitted to hospital;
- The cost of prosthetics, medical aids and other medical and personal equipment, as well;
- Furthermore, you might incur some sizeable travel costs.
- Finally, you might need some assistance with day-to-day activities and other personal care.
Receiving damages when we negotiate a settlement
In short, receiving damages for medical negligence won’t ultimately make you healthier. But it will enable you to achieve reasonable financial protection against the consequences of your injury.
Reputable medical negligence solicitors will work hard to achieve a fair and reasonable level of compensation. Accordingly, you can pay for your medical care and have the resources to cope with any problems in the future.
We work exclusively with UK firms authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
Moving on through medical negligence settlements
We understand the devastating impact medical negligence has on our client’s lives. Moreover, we’ll do all we can to help you minimise the ill-effects of your injury and live to your full potential.
At TMNE, we support clients in their quest for equitable medical negligence settlements. In fact, we do this in a myriad of ways:
- Investigating their situation thoroughly to ascertain whether their claim has a good chance of success. The onus is on the claimant to prove negligent care causes their injury, and it can be painful if it fails.
- Collecting and organising evidence to present a solid case to the responsible care provider that supports your claim for compensation, which can also include putting you in contact with the right independent medical experts for their assessment.
- Negotiating an acceptable amount of compensation based on your circumstances, and what has claimants with similar injuries to yours have received in the past.
- Representing you and supporting you should your claim go to court. In short, this might happen either due to the responsible party:
- disagreeing with the claim, or;
- their outright refusing to pay fair compensation.
How our team builds a robust medical negligence case
We work with the UK’s top lawyers, but we’re also people with families of our own. Above all, we understand that making a medical negligence claim can be stressful for those unfamiliar with the process. Like medical treatment itself, the process can be drawn out and difficult. But we will keep you up-to-date – without using excessive legal or medical jargon – so you know what is going on.
Contact The Medical Negligence Experts today, and ask how we can help you as a result of medical negligence you suffer.
Need some help finding solicitors to negotiate a settlement?
Am I eligible?
If you have suffered from medical negligence in the past 3 years, the short answer is yes.
However, medical negligence can be complicated, so we recommend that you speak with one of our expert solicitors - It’s Free.
How much could I claim?
As every medical case is different, the amount of compensation paid out can differ. Varying factors lead to the final figure include: Level of negligence, earnings missed out on, future losses and more.
Our experienced team of experts will give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim.
How does the process work?
We understand that when making a claim it’s important to know what to expect and when to expect it. That’s why we make the process as transparent as possible.
Your solicitor will gather all the evidence and will notify the negligent party of your claim against them. With your dedicated solicitor negotiating on your behalf, you will be kept up to date every step of the way.
Why should you use us to find solicitors to negotiate settlement?
No Win No Fee
We offer a No Win No Fee* service on all our claims - We assess each claim on its merits with the information provided, which aids us to determine its likely success rate. This takes the risk away from you.
Our experienced solicitors are experts in securing compensation no matter the level of negligence.
We are committed to securing the best possible outcome for you, while providing friendly support every step of the way.
Personal Dedicated Solicitors
On contact, you will be allocated your own expert Medical Negligence solicitor who will be there every step of the way. You will be provided with a direct phone number and direct email address of your solicitor.